Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I suppose I should explain myself...

I have been raiding as a discipline priest for about as long as anyone has been allowed to raid as discipline. Most disc priests today are rerolled classes (such as myself) or pre-wrath holy priests taking advantage of an exciting new play style that has just recently become available. There is one thing that brings us together, however, and that is the ebb and flow of criticism and praise that we have been cursed with since our first steps into early Northrend raiding.

Never knowing when your peers will love you or hate you is enough to drive you insane with self consciousness, and sticking to your spec of choice could be considered an early warning sign of dementia. However we love to see those bubbles all over the room (who doesn't like playing with bubbles), and are willing to take on any curve ball blizzard can throw at us. When healing meters are being thrown around party/raid/guild chat and you are at the very bottom, it can be hard to be sure of (or defend) your usefulness in boss fights. Thankfully we are starting to see more understanding from other raiders, when it comes to HOW our healing is done.

The purpose of this blog is to rant and ramble, not only about the highs and lows of our role, but also the game and the lifestyle it demands. About friendships in-game and out, and how grating it can be trying to keep your close friends together. You know what, wait... I'm not going to try to outline what's to come because I don't know. Sure I'll talk about priests and bubbles and bosses, but... I'll be honest, after a few bloody maries I have no idea what I'll feel like talking about. I love to discuss so if at any point one of my blogs lights a fire in your fingers to type off a quick comment feel free to do so!

By the Light,
Vivianas

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vivianas,

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm always happy to find new healer blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the welcome! I have to admit, these are scary first steps into making my thoughts open for review. It's something that I've wanted to do for a while now, but just getting the nerve/motivation to do so. I look forward to sharing each other's thoughts!

    ReplyDelete